"I love helping people create happier, more fulfilling lives and relationships. There are clear, daily choices people can learn to make to improve their physical and emotional wellbeing. I love coaching people to learn and implement these newer, happier ways of being and of relating.
"I can help you build your own Happiness Toolkit, as well as your own positive Relationship Toolkit, to use throughout your life."
Clients usually come to me seeking new strategies, insights, and skills to add to their own positive efforts to produce better results.
As your coach, my job is to help you:
- Identify your existing strengths, and areas for desired improvement
- Learn new skills for improving your life and relationships
- Implement those new strategies to produce desired change.
Areas of focus in my coaching, to help my clients, include: 1) Improving emotional health and happiness; 2) strengthening resilience to help you get through hard times productively; 3) understanding self and others through personality testing; and 4) improving communication and connection skills.
A little about me
I was born into a family culture where emotional distress and interpersonal conflict were common – and had been for generations. Many in my family struggled with depression, anxiety, anger, conflict, and self-doubt. In my earlier years, I struggled with these problems as well – but was determined to grow beyond them.
To learn to do this, I read books, attended classes, and was trained and worked for over 30 years as a counselor – a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). I built a happy marriage with my sweetheart, Steve Wrigley, and together with our 5 kids, we established a happy and positive family culture. For over 20 years, I have been a public health educator, providing training for producing happier lives and families. Now, I want to share those skills with you!
The individuals I love coaching
are actively seeking to build more happiness for themselves and their loved ones. They refuse to be defined by their past. They are actively building a better future.
These individuals may have turned previously to medication for emotional management, or to older forms of counseling that keep them stuck in the pain of their past. Now, they are seeking a better way.
I thrive on working with individuals who are determined to intentionally create a happier and more productive life, and who actively take responsibility to do their part to improve their marriages, families, and communities.
Schedule an Appointment Online
If you’d like to work with me, I invite you to schedule a session on my Online Scheduler. This convenient resource allows you to see my available times, and choose a time that works for you.
Once scheduled, I will send you forms to fill out and send back to me, so we can identify your needs even before your first session begins. Then, we can hit the ground running, to help you achieve your goals and objectives.
Schedule an appointment today, and start your journey toward building more happiness, resilience, and productivity, for yourself and your loved ones.
Professional Training and Background
- Master of Social Work degree (MSW); licensed as an LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- Worked for 30+ years as counselor, providing individual, couple, and family therapy.
- In private practice for 10+ years at Morning Light Counseling, in Sandy, Utah. (ongoing)
- Served for over 20 years as a public health educator, in person and online, providing classes and trainings.
- Became a popular speaker and media guest, appearing on podcasts, video events, radio shows, and live conferences.
- Authored a book: “Your Happiness Toolkit: 16 Strategies for Overcoming Depression, and Building a Joyful, Fulfilling Life.”
- This book is available in print, ebook, and audio forms, and is a great resource for counseling and coaching.